Taxable & Tax exempted allowances in Salary
Hi friends, Many people get Taxable, Tax exempted allowances in Salary. There are many allowances like HRA, Education allowance, LTC, PF, Life insurance, Travelling allowance.
Employees get many Taxable & Tax exempted allowances and services along with basic Salary. Some allowances and services are fully Taxable and Tax exempted. Everyone needs to follow some rules to get Tax exempted allowance. Every salary consist of Basic salary, Travelling allowance (TA), Dearness allowance(DA), HRA (House rent allowance), Overtime duty allowance, Conveyance allowance, Leave travel allowance (LTA), Medical allowance, Performance allowance. Now let’s see allowances in details.
House rent allowance (HRA) –
Whether the employee lives in a rented house or pays the rent to relatives. Whichever amount is less. Amount will be considered as a tax-free allowance.
1) House rent allowance as per rules of company
2) 10% of basic salary
3) 40% of Total salary received by you [0% of Total salary received by you in case of metro cities. Example- Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi ]
Education allowance –
Generally, Education allowance is given to Employees having Up to two children. Employees can get Rs.100 per month per child tax free. For hostel children Rs.300 per month allowance is tax free.
Leave travel allowance (LTA) –
Employees can claim Leave travel allowance for traveling In anywhere India with a family upto two children is tax-free.
Any employee can avail Leave travel allowance (LTA) once in every 2 years. Employees can avail this allowance twice in the four years from 2018 to 2021.This Leave travel allowance (LTA) does not include other expenses incurred other than travel fare.
The new law in pandemic to allow 12 per cent GST on goods and services to be tax-free up to a maximum of Rs 36,000 by March 2021 without direct travel because of the pandemic. Employees can avail the benefits of this scheme by showing receipts.
Fully Taxable allowances in Salary –
- Premium of the life insurance policy
- Allowance for home repair, furniture, utilities
- Car with or without driver
- Interest free loan above amount of 20000 rupees
- Shares of a company at subsidised rate
- Medical allowance even after submitting receipts
- Electricity bill, water bill of the house
- Salary of the household workers
- Gas bill
- Contribution of more than Rs. 1.5 lakhs to the Employees SuperAnnuation Fund
- Credit card expenses incurred for other than work purposes.
Fully Tax exempted allowances in Salary –
- Medical insurance premium to be paid by the owner
- Full medical expenses in a government or government accredited hospital for staff and family members of staff.
- Workplace amenities such as tea, coffee, meals, breakfast, Free Lunch and dinner
- Mobile phones, computers, laptops or other devices given to employees for office use
- Facility at residence of employee
- Interest free loan Upto 20000 rupees
- Health care and equipment of sports
- Gift coupon up to five thousand rupees per annum
- Contributions for provident fund as well as gratuity contributions or up to Rs. 7.5 lakhs from the employer in NPS
As per Rule 3 of Income tax ,Employees working in private companies can negotiate conveniently with their Employees for tax free allowances in their salary.
for more articles: https://www.mytechnofriend.com
For hindi articles: https://www.mytechnofriend.in/
Copyright free image: https://pixabay.com/photos/income-tax-calculator-accounting-4097292/
Author of this article is “Pranav Divekar”.